Travel

I’m Following My Travel Dreams

Corinne - June 10, 2016

It is probably a little early to be writing a blog post announcing this. In fact, it is definitely too early. I’m going on my dream trip – I’m flying over and visiting Japan!

It may be 10-11 months away but I am hella excited. It  has been sitting at the top of my travel bucket list for a very long time – perhaps around the first time I ever saw a picture of a Geisha and fell in love with Japanese culture. I love that the contrasting traditional and modern culture somehow coexist.

I have been saving specifically for a few years. It seems somewhat surreal that it is actually happening. My plane tickets are booked, and now my accommodation. Then this week, I might have sat down and basically planned out my itinerary almost a year in advance.
There are still many things I will need to do to prepare for the trip e.g. such as learning basic Japanese, so I’m glad I have plenty of time. I won’t lie. I’m nervous about travelling solo, but I have become a pretty damn independent twenty-something year old and I know that I am capable of doing it.

Have you ever travelled solo? What are your travel dreams?

sign-off

8 Comments

• Jude June 10, 2016 at 10:29 am

Ahhhh! I’m so jealous! You are going to have the best time! xx

TheWeeBlondie

• Corinne June 10, 2016 at 11:20 am

I’m crazy excited! x

• Dana June 10, 2016 at 11:34 am

You’re going to have an amazing time, travelling solo is sometimes the best thing you can do, especially if its somewhere you’ve always dreamed of going 🙂

Dana

• Corinne June 10, 2016 at 11:37 am

Thanks for the encouraging words! I’m definitely going to need them the closer I get to going! x

• Corinne & Kirsty June 10, 2016 at 12:32 pm

If going on a study abroad counts as traveling solo, yes I have done it. Otherwise, I would say no since as soon as I landed somewhere, I was making friends to party and travel with. I have never been to Japan but it is also a travel dream to me. I’d love to go there. Few of my friends have been there and they moved it. Not for as long as 10 months though. I have been living and traveling around New Zealand for a year. It’s a dream trip too 😉

• Corinne June 11, 2016 at 10:37 am

I would love to go and visit New Zealand (‘ello there Middle Earth!). I think you mistook what I meant – the trip isn’t for 10 months, it is 10 months from now! x

• Cherie June 18, 2016 at 12:12 am

Yaaayyy how exciting! I’m sure you’re going to be more than prepared with all the planning ahead 😉 I have so many places on my list, some nearer places include Croatia and Iceland! I’m heading home to Malaysia for a holiday next week and then to Seoul, very excited!

Cherie | sinonym

• Corinne June 18, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Oh wow! That all sounds very exciting. I love eastern asian countries x

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• With my love of all things lush it’s no surprise that my design of @chouchoucouture new collection is the Champagne Supernova. The inner is reminiscent of a  silky Japanese kimono and the outer faux fur shades of cream and sand - just like my absolute favourite Chloe wrap!! 💕 go check out the rest of the brand new collection at www.chouchoucouture.com it’s magical
    • So, how’s university going Corinne, you ask? 😂 #myliferightnow
For anybody willing to lend a hand I’m looking for participants for my dissertation! If you are interested in celebrities, social anxiety, and social media please  fill this out! It would be greatly appreciated! (18+ please) LINK http://www.questionpro.com/t/ANoYcZa1dg
    • The professional pictures came back from prize giving and all I can says is “boobs!” At least my hair looks good though 😂💁🏻‍♀️
    • I went and got a thing 🥇
    • I had a cute milk maid braid in my hair yesterday 😊 pining it in place took at least 10 minutes 😂
    • I had a grand old day exploring Torridon like I did when I was a kid ❤️