Travel

I’m Following My Travel Dreams

Corinne - June 10, 2016

It is probably a little early to be writing a blog post announcing this. In fact, it is definitely too early. I’m going on my dream trip – I’m flying over and visiting Japan!

It may be 10-11 months away but I am hella excited. It  has been sitting at the top of my travel bucket list for a very long time – perhaps around the first time I ever saw a picture of a Geisha and fell in love with Japanese culture. I love that the contrasting traditional and modern culture somehow coexist.

I have been saving specifically for a few years. It seems somewhat surreal that it is actually happening. My plane tickets are booked, and now my accommodation. Then this week, I might have sat down and basically planned out my itinerary almost a year in advance.
There are still many things I will need to do to prepare for the trip e.g. such as learning basic Japanese, so I’m glad I have plenty of time. I won’t lie. I’m nervous about travelling solo, but I have become a pretty damn independent twenty-something year old and I know that I am capable of doing it.

Have you ever travelled solo? What are your travel dreams?

sign-off

8 Comments

• Jude June 10, 2016 at 10:29 am

Ahhhh! I’m so jealous! You are going to have the best time! xx

TheWeeBlondie

• Corinne June 10, 2016 at 11:20 am

I’m crazy excited! x

• Dana June 10, 2016 at 11:34 am

You’re going to have an amazing time, travelling solo is sometimes the best thing you can do, especially if its somewhere you’ve always dreamed of going 🙂

Dana

• Corinne June 10, 2016 at 11:37 am

Thanks for the encouraging words! I’m definitely going to need them the closer I get to going! x

• Corinne & Kirsty June 10, 2016 at 12:32 pm

If going on a study abroad counts as traveling solo, yes I have done it. Otherwise, I would say no since as soon as I landed somewhere, I was making friends to party and travel with. I have never been to Japan but it is also a travel dream to me. I’d love to go there. Few of my friends have been there and they moved it. Not for as long as 10 months though. I have been living and traveling around New Zealand for a year. It’s a dream trip too 😉

• Corinne June 11, 2016 at 10:37 am

I would love to go and visit New Zealand (‘ello there Middle Earth!). I think you mistook what I meant – the trip isn’t for 10 months, it is 10 months from now! x

• Cherie June 18, 2016 at 12:12 am

Yaaayyy how exciting! I’m sure you’re going to be more than prepared with all the planning ahead 😉 I have so many places on my list, some nearer places include Croatia and Iceland! I’m heading home to Malaysia for a holiday next week and then to Seoul, very excited!

Cherie | sinonym

• Corinne June 18, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Oh wow! That all sounds very exciting. I love eastern asian countries x

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• I enjoyed our wedding tasting last night with this handsome devil @samy_taters I tell ye, day guests, you are in for a treat!
    • Yesterday was spent measuring things around our wedding venue at the open day event. How beautiful does it look with the snow everywhere though?! ❄️
    • Going down to Salisbury meant putting on my face most days. It’s a rarity that I do that these days 😂
    • Sometimes Kilmarnock is not so bad... 🌅
I got to enjoy this view on a walk with the Willow bean ❤️
    • Sometimes it is the simple things in life that makes everything alright ❤️☕️
    • On Christmas Eve we went to see the Last Jedi at the IMAX and I couldn’t resist putting my hair into Rey Buns. SW VIII was amazing, and quite possibly my new fave out of all the Star Wars films, all the elements of a classic Star Wars film was included and there were twists along the way. I really liked the connection felt between Rey and Kylo, and thought Rose and Finn’s storyline was sweet.The porgs were well cute and I want a crystal fox critter for a pet ❤️